SEE OUR LATEST POSTS BY CLICKING HERE OR ON THE HANDSOME HERMANOS...

DOS HERMANOS: GO EVERYWHERE, EAT EVERYTHING

"It's not much but it's ours"

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

LIKE A BIT OF THE COCK TAVERN IN THE MORNING ?






Blogspot has been down nearly all day and it is only now that I can share with you how splendid my breakfast at The Cock Tavern was this morning in words AND loving pictures.

Mind you, that kind of sums up my life right now. Lousy enough to make me think that any day I don’t jump off a tall building is a bonus (There will be more about tall buildings later, keep up).

I have a day off which has been oh so much fun. A long session at the Osteopath first thing as he attempted to relieve a back problem that is painful enough to mean that I have had no sleep in a week and am barely able to sit. Enter HP with sympathetic noises about “buying a rubber ring”

Then, talking of leaping off tall buildings (see) I went to see Superman Returns not realising it was three hours long. Three hours of sitting on a damaged sacral bone was not my wisest move and I had to get a cab home and am now laid prone on the sofa. You'll believe a grown man can cry.

Still, as my dear granny always said, a good brekkie will set you up for most things. So, this morning, as I cannot train at the moment but am not able to sleep, I decided to head to Smithfield Market and join the cheery porters for their breakfast at The Cock Tavern at a little before 7am this morning.

A pretty full on thing it was too. Sausage, egg, bacon, livers, kidney, black pudding, tomatoes and beans. Along with a large mug of “builder’s” tea, it came to a massive £7.40. Good value and good quality. The kidneys, in particular were a thing of beauty and managed to cheer me up for an all too brief moment.

No sign of any “cheery” porters though. The place was almost empty when I first arrived apart from a group of drunken Scots taking advantage of the unusual licensing laws. By a count of the numbers of empties on their table, I guess they had taken quite a lot of advantage.

After 7am, as the market began to wind down, more porters began to arrive and fill the room with their fun loving Cock-er-ney banter. I left just as the men at the next table began to describe in all too graphic detail what they would like to do to Jordan. That was too much for me on a full stomach.

Still it was a very nice breakfast indeed ,and now the cretins at Blogspot have got things sorted, you don't have to take my words for it.

Labels: , , ,

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 Comments:

Blogger Lewis said...

I used to go there when I lived in London! I used to work the night shift at a media monitoring agency called Presswatch on Farringdon Road, and after work we would sometimes pop by the Cock for a bit of brekkie and a pint or two. I've been living in Japan for the past two years, but seeing this post has brought back all the memories of working in London...

Friday, July 28, 2006 2:50:00 pm  
Blogger Hermano 2 said...

Glad it brought back some memories

Friday, July 28, 2006 2:54:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great place, love the steak and chips at lunchtime.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:28:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older